Week 7 Report

Group Report

1) summarize your overall status for the week

Get a general UI working, some sort of animation, simple map layout, player can switch bombs and respawn, editor bug fixed, improved graphics.

2) Monday 6:30; 5/18/15

3) add a statement summarizing the group morale (feel free to be creative

in expressing your morale)

Marty is high on salt, beside that feeling great.

4) add at least one of your latest screenshots to your group page

image04

image02

image00

image06

image08

image01

image05

Wai Kit Leung

1) what were your concrete goals for the week?

Player Spawning. Creating the Map layouts and models, apply texture to it, and have it render in game. Fix some more bugs both client-side and server-side.

2) what goals were you able to accomplish?
All the above except loading texture to the game.

3) if there were goals you were unable to meet, what were the reasons?
I have difficulties in porting the texture I applied in 3ds Max and to the game. The thing is we want to minimize the amount of draw calls for our game engine, so we want to compact all the uv map texture to just one file. and so far I haven’t been able to figure out how to do that.

4) what are your specific goals for the next week?

Hoping solve the texturing issue, start working on the SoundManager, do some more game logic like jump pads (or teleportors). If I have time I’ll work on more modeling for weapon pickups, etc.

5) what is your individual morale (which might be different from the overall group morale)?

Stressful, we have so much more stuff we want to do, I don’t think we will be able to finish them all on time. Possibly we would have to cut features.

Wai Ho Leung

1. Add sticky property to remote detonator. Make time bomb bounces higher. Implement weapon switching functionality.
  2. All of the above. In addition, added functionality for keeping track of score. Fixed remote detonator bomb not being destroyed after player dies. Added functionality for removing/killing entities that go beyond map boundary.
  3. All goals were met.
  4. Support several game matches. Implement jump pads and teleporters. Send deaths/respawn events. More bombs. Player position for minimap.
  5. Tired.

Brian La

1) Continue working with the animation system and integrate it into the game. More fixes/additions to the in-game editor, if needed (currently it needs to have multiple export destinations rather than just one fixed path).

2) Replaced the player capsule-shaped model with our actual model. Investigated in animation options and reached the conclusion of swapping animations (i.e. walking, idle) rather than attempting to interpolate animations for transitions. Added a GeometryCache that loads each file only once, but can generate multiple models from it.

3) Main goals were met, although I could have worked on more stuff.

4) Disable rendering the player’s own model (can currently see its body parts like the legs). Work on the map and any graphics stuff that needs to be done or fixed. Any fixes/additions to the in-game editor, if needed.

5) I can start to feel the rush.

Phillip Ho

1) UI for in game and Start-screen; particle system

2) The core UI are there. Could have made it look better, but that will be put on hold for now. Need to finish up score board screen, which can be seen by holding tab. and end game screen. Particle system was finished up by Robin.

3)

4) Finish up UI, so in this case Score board screen and end game screen. Mini-map

5)  Good

Martin La Pierre

1) UI for in game and Start-screen; audio system

2) UI is there didn’t have much time to work on audio.

3)  Getting help to work on it this week but last week didn’t have much time since surgery

4) Finish up UI and Audio

5)  Salty

Alexie

• animation
  • texturing
  • rigging
  • bombs and crates

• I’M ALMOST DONE WITH THE RIGGING I JUST HAVE TO MIRROR IT NOW. AND THEN ANIMATION WILL BE EASY I SWEAR I’LL HAVE THIS DONE BY MIDNIGHT SO MY GROUP CAN THROW IT INTO THE GAME I’M SORRY

• Schoolwork. Lots of it.
  • Stress overload
  • Housing is literally the worst thing in the entire world can I just get a nice cardboard box and shack it up underneath the i5
  • I did the thing where you get a lot of work done and then screw up something major and that messes everything up and you didn’t save so you had to redo all of it.
  • I tried to hard to have nice physics in the animations and then I realized I didn’t really need it (or I didn’t have time to learn all that)

• Texturing!
  • Bombs and crates
  • UI design
  • This is all actual artsy stuff so I HAVE NO EXCUSE.

• Tittering on the border of stress overload and super motivated?? I will get stuff done I don’t like being a disappointment.

Zonglin (Robin) Wu

• An efficient occlusion solution for the global illuminated scene.
  • Improved material system so that materials can be more expressive by interpolations. Also, created interface for dynamic material support.
  • Fixed normal mapping
  • Implemented particle system, explosion and  trailing effect.
  • Find ways to make use of online art assets.
  • Refactored game gui client interface
  • Fix most noticeable bugs in the editor so that it will not block the development of the map

• Nearly all. For the occlusion, I implemented a variant of SSAO for indirect lights that does not eat up gpu resources. For direct illumination occlusion, I come up with a method that eliminating obnoxious shadow mapping artifacts, so hopefully a robust shadow mapping can be implemented soon.
  •          image03
  • image07

• debugging…

• Make the map
  • Make the map
  • Make the map
  • Emissive materials.
  • All sorts of mainstream post processing effects.

• I am gonna be super productive this week. ~~