What kind of game are you planning to build?
- Fast-Pace 3D Multiplayer FPS Bomberman Game
What are the goals of the game, how do players win, how do they lose?
- Win: kill the other players! Team Death Match Style. Be last man/team standing. Don’t lose
- Lose: Not last man/team standing
What are the interesting or unique aspects to your game?
- Different kinds of bombs to kill people
- different character with different ability???
What are the list of features of your game? Prioritize them into at least three categories: “Must Have”, “Would Be Really Nice”, and “Cool But Only If Ahead Of Schedule”.
- Must Have
- At least one bomb
- particle effect
- character interaction
- multiple life/respawn
- Scoring system (Kill/Death)
- Would Be Really Nice
- More types of bomb
- Time bomb/ Remote detonate
- infection bomb
- land creation bomb
- incendiary bomb
- healing bomb(resurrection)
- fake bomb
- salty marty bomb -> make Marty’s face appear on the screen
- bouncing bombs(grenade launcher)
- poison gas/stink bomb
- bomb disabler
- flash bomb (like counter strike)
- scatter bomb
- teleportation bomb(random location)
- Potatoes (useless bomb)
- More types of game mode
- Team deathmatch
- Capture the flag
- Survival Mode
- RPG mode
- Cool But Only If Ahead Of Schedule
- Even more type of bomb
- Nuclear bombs
- More large scale and may need to be coded differently from every other bomb
- Character Abilities
- Health and shields
- Jump Pads/Boost
- Weapon drops
- Even more type of bomb
What are the major roles in your group’s management?
- Network dudes
- Graphics dudes
- Gameplay/Logic dudes?
Music/sound effects: reference from the interest, or worst case use Marty’s voice
How will decisions be made? By leader, consensus?
- Group decisions are made by consensus. Until a dictator takes over
How will you communicate? Email, meetings in the lab, discussion board?
- Slack (online group chat)
- General Meeting: Monday 6:30pm-7:00pm
- General Meeting: Friday 5:00pm-5:30pm
How will you know when you’re off schedule, and how will you deal with schedule slips?
- Communicate on slack often, discuss it in our general meetings (at least twice per week)
Who will produce the weekly group status reports?
- Collaborative effort, most likely in general meetings
What are the development roles and who will handle them?
- Robin/Brian – rendering system and shaders
- Steven/Marty – Core networking
- Wai Ho – Both Graphics and Game engine
What tools will you use?
- Visual Studio 2013
- OpenSceneGraph 3.2.2 RC 2
How will you do testing?
- Testing will be done by Team Salty Marty
- Unit testing
- Individual probing the initial system
How will you do documentation (both internal group documentation as well as external player documentation)?
- Google Docs for collaboration
- Website for the finalized version of the documentations