- Get a main server loop setup.
- Associate player names to client IDs.
- Add the ability to change physics variables via server console.
- Add network parameters to config file.
- Add the ability to reset the game state without forcing clients to disconnect.
Goals – Accomplished:
- Main server loop set up.
- Player names associated with client IDs and player ships.
- Added a “framework” for changing physics variables from the server console
- I don’t know what parameters would be good to set for the physics engine so it’s not really complete yet
- Network parameters added to config for both client and server.
- Added reset, and quit commands to server.
Goals for next week:
- Extend game state to include game time and score.
- Set initial spawn locations for mother ships and player ships.
- Get an initial sense of good boundaries.
- Pretty much make our game, a game.
- Study for two midterms