Kyler Schwartz - week 2 report
14 April 2014
- Familiarize myself with DirectX 11
- Decide on a 3d model format that will suppport animations and familiarize myself with it
- Implement the parser for loading the model
- Familiarize myself with DirectX 11 (partly)
- Decided on using FBX file format for models with animation and partly familiar with format
- FBX parser currently loads vertices and indices
Problems with Meeting Goals
- Learning DirextX 11
- Followed a few tutorials to get the shape rendered on the screen but still have much more to learn, thus the reason for partly accomplished.
- FBX file format
- Got the vertices and indices loaded, but haven’t been able to figure out where the texture coordinates are stored.
- Parser Implementation
- Supports vertices and indices but dimensions of models have boundaries that will be solved once camera and perspectives are implemented. Still need to account for FBX right-hand rule vs DirectX left-hand rule.
Goals for Next Week
- Expand on the FBX parser to include texture coordinates, as well as possibly normals
- Implment an object loader for models that won’t have animation and make the load function file smart.
blog comments powered by Disqus