- Extend game state to include game time and score.
- Set initial spawn locations for mother ships and player ships.
- Get an initial sense of good boundaries.
- Study for two midterms
Goals – Accomplished:
- Game timer and player scores are now sent to clients.
- Initial spawn locations are set for mother ships and player ships.
- Initial boundaries are set, but I think they may be too big.
- One midterm down, one tomorrow….
- Worked with Andrew to fix the server reset so it works as we expect it to.
- Added a pause functionality to the server.
Goals for next week:
- Fix an elusive bug in the networking code that seems to only appear over network connections (not localhost).
- Look into reducing the amount of data that needs to be sent over the network (either compression, deltas, or other optimizations).
- Allow clients to initiate a game (all clients press start, or enter or something along those lines).
- Work with getting more asteroids on the playing field.
- Start power ups.
Last week was pretty busy, so hopefully I can get more done this coming week. Overall feeling pretty good.