Basic architecture completed:
- Conceptually divided classes into three groups — client, server, and shared.
- Shared classes (entities) form a base for both client and server, and represent the information that will be shared/synced via the networking code.
- Client classes, in general, will extend the shared classes to provide rendering support based on the state of the shared object.
- Server classes, in general, will extend the shared classes to provide gameplay support (physics/motion/collision, along with other gameplay mechanics).
- Networking code will allow the base classes to sync between client and server.
Prototype rendering engine:
- Window creation
- Camera support
- Mesh/model support
- Skybox support
- Basic entity support
Basic client/server networking complete:
- UDP echo server
- Basic object transmission over network
- Rudimentary integration with graphics engine on client
Prototype object physics (for single entity):
- Basic thrust/force calculations for Ship class
In general — this week was learning technologies and laying the foundations for the project. Next week will be focusing on wrapping up the basic client-side and server-side implementations, and then focusing on bringing them together.
Space space wanna go to space yes please space. Space space. Go to space.