Kangming Yu Week 3 Report

Concrete Goals

• Code framework: Complete the overall code framework of the CS model, and to completely encapsulate the network layer so that it can be completely layered with the game logic layer, so future development will focus more on the game logic rather than the network.
  • Network: Implement multiplayer interaction through the server.
  • Render: Implement PBR lighting shader.

Goals Accomplished

• Code framework: The code framework of the server side has been basically completed, and the encapsulation of the function of the server side has been basically completed. For the server side, we will focus on implementing function updateState(), the game logic in the server side, in the later development.
  • Network: The multiplayer interaction has been implemented through the server. The client can send a protobuf message to the server, and after the message is processed on the server, the client can receive the updated message from the server.
  • Render: Implemented PBR lighting shader.

Missed Goals & Reasons

• The code framework of the client side is not yet complete. I hope they can be finished by this week.
  • The network part can still be optimized. Synchronous blocking I/O currently used in code framework. While multiplexing I/O has been implemented, there are still bugs.

Goals For Next Week

• Complete the CS model and all code framework.
  • Focus on the development of game logic.

Lesson Learned

• Network socket programming.
  • By constructing the code framework of the CS model, I have a deeper understanding of the CS model.

Individual Morale

Implementing a complex software system is very challenging. I enjoy it.